Thursday, November 15, 2012

Book Review: Fletch Won by Gregory MacDonald

Fletch Won by Gregory MacDonald

** ½ 194 pages Paperback

As a huge fan of the first Fletch movie I was excited to read this novel that is the Fletch prequel/ origin story. I had read the first Fletch novel, that is somewhat like the movie. MacDonald is the master of Sarcasm and hilarious dialogue. It is what his books do best. I think that is the best aspect I can suggest from this book.

Unfortunately there was a lot I didn't like about this book. For one thing I didn't find myself interested in the mystery at all. I found the story confusing, and at times I wondered if the book was missing pages. You'll almost never see me complain about this but it was under-written. As in sometimes the style was so minimalist I really wanting more. I hate over writing, so for me to complain about under writing you know it has to be serious.

I laughed a lot reading the dialogue , but by the time I got to end of the short book I was over and glad it was short. First fletch novel was far better.

No comments: